Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Firefox 2... yeah?

Two things that might be helpful to note:
  • In linux, plugins are now stored on a per-user basis it seems, at ~/.mozilla/plugins.
  • The old backspace to go back in history (rather than by your last scroll - why the hell would I want that instead...?) behaviour can be restored by navigating to "about:config" in the location bar and changing the browser.backspace_action key's value from 1 to 0. Don't need to restart the browser after, either...
I have one major quarrel with it though - it crashes if I let it use SCIM, an input method installed on my system. Firefox 1.5.0.7 seemed fine, although it was crashing on some pages (e.g. wink, a unix/windows screencasting utility), which prompted me to install the new major version... but I have to hack around it by telling it to use xim instead, which means I can't directly enter Chinese text, for example (which is something I do like to do occasionally...).

No comments:

Post a Comment